- Materials needed to make your 25 ornaments
- A gift bag for you to place an ornament for your family to "open" each night
- The 25 Days of Christ book that guides you through each day
- A sturdy storage box for keeping your finished ornaments, book and gift bag safe year after year
When to begin
You can begin the day after Thanksgiving, December 1st or whenever you are ready to start. Each night do a new reading and present a new ornament until you've done all 25. Sometimes life gets busy and you’ll skip a night. You can do several stories a night to catch up or continue with one a night until the New Year. Really there is no wrong way to do it!
What to do each night
Begin with the Day 1 reading and have your family open the first ornament and hang it on your tree. (Some people hang these ornaments on a smaller table top Christmas tree available at any craft store). Spend anywhere from 5-15 minutes reading or viewing that nights story. Use the 25 Days of Christ book or this website as a guide for scripture references and other media available for that night's story. Based on your family dynamics choose how it will work best for you.
· Read from the scriptures and act out the story
· Show a picture and tell the story in your own words
· Watch a Bible Video (I suggest previewing the Bible Videos before showing them)
· Read a quote and discuss how the story is applicable today